Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What is your Birth Plan?

Making a birth plan helps you decide what you want during your birth (that is if all goes according to plan with the delivery). There are several benefits to having a birth plan:
  • You can research and know what you want for your birth
  • You can involve your partner in the decision making
  • You can keep your provider up to speed on your wishes
  • You can go over your options with your provider at appointments
  • You can feel educated about options and decide what is right for you
Please know that if something does not go according to plan, you should be flexible and trust that your provider is doing all he or she can to ensure the safety of you and your baby.

Please share your experiences with your Birth Plan and if you thought it was helpful or not.

Here are some links to create your own birth plan:
  1. Baby Center Birth Plan
  2. Childbirth.org Birth Plan
  3. birthplan.com
Happy Planning!!!

2 comments:

  1. This is great information for when I end up having a family (who knows when that will be?) I like the part about letting your partner be a part of the decision. :) Check out my blog and add any cool information you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that it's important to keep your birth plan short and sweet - one page - so the doctors actually READ it. I drafted a plan and took it in to my OB and we went over it, and she put it in my file. When I went into labor - on a holiday - another doctor could read my birth plan and follow it. If it was like, 10 pages, the other doctor never would have sifted through it. Since it was just one page, with 10 bullet points or so, it was easy to manage.

    ReplyDelete